I am pleased with the result, perhaps not what I had planned originally but it rather took shape in stages!
The flower Shibuichi clasp did not seem right with my necklace and I made a bracelet using this lovely finding, some of my left over beads, brass chain and two tiny Vintaj butterflies.
This is my first attempt at working with wire and I do need to improve my technique. Although I work with my hands continually stitching I found that turning wire loops requires a lot more strength and was not as easy as it looks. I also used some head pins from recycled vintage jewellery which were quite thick.
A further learning curve has been photographing bead work as the colours in digital photography can be misleading. The little glass drop bead on the necklace is actually quite blue/green but in the photo it looks green. The circular beadwork looks very deep blue but is actually quite similar in colour to the beads in the necklace. Took photographs using a black necklace display stand which drained the colour from my beads. Think I will have to recover it with white fabric!
A big thank you to Lori Anderson of Pretty Things Blog for organising the Bead Soup Blog Swap. I have had a loads of fun, learnt a lot and feel a little more confident in designing my own jewellery. Looking forward to visiting blogs to see what other participants have created.
There are 364 bead soups to see, click here to start visiting. Have fun