Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hugglets feedback and my Bead Soup

Have not had a very productive week all the stress and late nights prior to the Hugglets show is catching up and the house needed a major clean this week!

Hugglets was quieter than usual, a sign of the present economic restraints perhaps.  Lots of new faces, both artists and collectors.  Both Megan and I love the opportunity to see old friends and catch up with all the happenings in their lives.  Our bears attracted a lot of new collectors and it was a good day for us.  The lighting in the hall is not the best and I only managed one good photograph, here is a small section of our table display.
The little pandas were a hit and I have orders for several more!   On top of my existing list of 'to makes' I will be busy for some weeks ahead. 

My Bead Soup contribution is almost complete, only had time to make one item but I am very pleased with the result.  The focal piece is quite beautiful and I have had many anxious moments working on something to compliment it without being overwhelming.   The bronze colour is also something I have not worked with before.   I have spent a lot of time looking through my stash to find suitable findings rather than taking the easy way out and visiting a bead shop which for me entails a longish bus journey to Cambridge or driving towards Ely.  One of the disadvantages of living in rural England.  Pictures will be up on the 17th September.

I enter lots of competitions and blog give-aways.  Good news is that I am now the proud owner of a great new book, thanks to Cyndi Lavin from Beading Arts. Lots of different ideas to try.

 

On a new subject entirely. I follow and read some amazing blogs filled with beautiful pictures from all around the world.   I very often feel that I am lagging behind as I do not have much time to spend blogging and quite honestly I am trying to cut back on the time I spend sitting in front of my pc.  I am a creative person using my hands to make beautiful things, spending hours on the computer cuts into that creativity both physically and mentally.  Recently reading Fiona & Twig's blog with a guest post entitled 'Blogger Breakdown' I realised that many of us are falling into a trap of feeling guilty if we do not update our blogs regularly. Well worth reading, the link is:


http://fionaandtwig.blogspot.com/2011/09/blogger-breakdownguest-post-by.html

So now back to work as I have lots to do. Have a good week


Housework, if it is done right, can kill you. ~John Skow

3 comments:

Wateringen said...

Hay Wendy,

It was amazing to see you and your little tiny bears on the show in Londen.
You and your bears are so lovely, it feels like a party to met so much lovely people on this show.

I have make a post on my blog about Londen en this show, maybe if you like you can take a look on my blog.

I wishing you al the best,
love from...Marijke
www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com

June said...

Hi Wendy,
First I want to thank you for your dear words you left for me today.
And now to tell you how much I enjoyed this post and your photo of one of the shelves in your booth. I can see why your bears are such a hit with all who see them!!! They are DARLING!!!
I haven't read Anne's post yet, but I made a choice about a year ago to only post when I had the spare time to do so, and not to worry if I was keeping my readers happy. I was spending way too much time on the pc and not enough time homecaring and crafting and was starting to dislike blogging. Cutting back for me was a must and I am so happy I did.
sending love...

Amy F said...

Can't wait to see your designs on Saturday! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails