Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Time flies .................

Some weeks since my last blog, sometimes can't believe how quickly the days go by. Wish I was actually achieving something positive, but I have completed some of my orders. 
The dreaded bronchitis is finally getting better. My visit to the doctor was rather a waste of time, was sent home with two asthma pumps! I have started drinking elderflower tea again which is definitely helping as I have not been coughing quite as much. Does not taste too bad especially with a little added honey!
The garden is showing signs of autumn, although the lawn is growing rapidly and needs weekly cutting to keep it looking good and hide the weeds! We have had a bumper crop of tomatoes but the plants are starting to fade especially as we have had a lot of heavy rain over the past few weeks.
These are two of my garden decorations, the Celtic green man gazes at the garden, wish I knew what he is thinking.........
This is something I found when we were living in France. It had been broken into several pieces and thrown away at the end of the garden. I just had to rescue it, repaired it hangs on the wall near the green man. It is starting to look a little 'weathered' but I think that adds to the appeal. 
A tiny ladybug visitor to the garden.The hedgehog seems to have taken up residence in the garden although we have not actually seen him as he is a nocturnal creature. However he does appear to be eating 'Spike's dinner' which has been put out for him. He seems to keep the snails and slugs under control.
I have listed a little bear on e-bay. Sebastian and his little 'aged' elephant. I don't seem to make many boy bears at the moment, so this is something different for a change. I felt really mean creating a worn and aged little elephant, reminded me of a comment from a friend's husband when she took up patchwork. Something along the lines of only a woman would cut up pieces of fabric and then stitch them together again!

A final picture is poor Mischka. He has been nibbling his skin so much that we have had to put a collar on him. He HATES it, hence the angry little face peering out, quite honestly this collar is supposed to fit all cats as well as small dogs. My little boy is a tiny kitty, would hate to have to put this instrument of torture on a larger cat.

Austin is off to Afghanistan very soon and we are all feeling a little stressed. Thank you to all the wonderful people who have written to me expressing their concern and offering their prayers for his safe return, I so much appreciate your kind words.

Faith is raising the sail of our little boat until it is caught up in the soft winds above and picks up speed, not from anything within itself, but from the vast resources of the universe around us.  ~W. Ralph Ward

3 comments:

Iris said...

What a lovely little boy! And the elephant is great!

Leny said...

Hello,

Love your work,will follow your blog.

You can visit my blog too,
Love to hear from you,
Hugs,
Leny

The French Bear said...

I love the elephant, what a sweet bear too!!! I just love the expression on your kitty's face!!!
Hope you feel better soon!! Oh my you must have been very ill to need two pumps!
Hang in there!
Hugs,
Margaret B

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails