Friday, January 27, 2023

 A New Little Bear and a New Year

A New Year begins, hoping it is a special year for every one. We seem to be living in difficult times and I feel that it is important to keep my mind and hands busy creating beautiful things.

 My latest creation is a a little bear made from French vintage linen. Slightly larger than my usual miniatures this one is about 5" tall. I am planning to hand embroider a selection of flowers and will share progress once I have started the embroidery.

 
 The heart shaped pillow behind the little bear is one of my hand embroidered hearts.
 

I have also completed a little panda bear made from long pile vintage upholstery velvet. She is sitting waiting for a pretty dress, still have to decide on fabric, trims and ribbons.

I have also recently made some pretty pincushions using repurposed vintage items. This one is a pretty vintage sugar bowl using rose print cotton fabric for the pincushion trimmed with ribbon, a felt flower and a selection of pins.

The second pincushion is set in a pretty porcelain swan with a purple linen pincushion, silk flowers and ribbon.

These are available in our Grace & Whimsy Etsy store graceandwhimsy.etsy.com.

Back to work and hope to share pictures of the embroidered little bear soon.

Have a wonderful weekend.

 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails