Thursday, December 29, 2022

After a very long absence 

 I have neglected my blog for so many years as it has been a period of many ups and downs in my life. 

My husband was diagnosed with vascular dementia some years ago and caring for him became full time and somewhat heavy going. He spent many weeks in hospital, I was told that his immune system was shutting down and the prognosis was not good. Two and a half years ago just before the Covid pandemic he was moved into a care home as I could no longer cope on my own. This was not a good time for the move as I was not able to visit him and he deteriorated considerably, many times when I visited he was lost in another world and hardly remembered me. Sadly he passed away mid November and although he had long been gone mentally the physical parting has been difficult.My heartfelt thanks to the wonderful staff at the home for their constant and excellent care.

I am grateful to have been able to continue creating my miniature bears and friends. I also started enjoying long forgotten skills such as painting and embroidery, something to keep me sane and grounded in rather trying circumstances.  Covid changed so many things, once again the teddy bear shows are taking place but I now only participate in online shows, much easier no travelling and a lot less stressful. I also have an online shop on Tedsby.

Sharing some pictures of a few new miniature teddy bears, first is Madeleine a little purple bear who has already found a home.


Then we have Eloise and Lilou.



I also expanded my embroidery techniques learning Brazilian embroidery, a dimensional style of embroideried flowers and I spent many therapautic hours creating pretty sewing accessories and other decorative items. This is a little heart trimmed with vintage lace and a tiny signature dragonfly charm.


Hoping to revive my blog updates and explore the many blogs I used to follow.



 



 

1 comment:

Lyn Warner said...

It's good to see you back with your beautiful little bears. I trust they will bring you much comfort.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails