Saturday, July 12, 2014

Christmas in July on line show

The show is now open and several of our bears have been adopted.

I did promise to share pictures of my creations and the first is:


Sarah Jane made from a small scrap of moss green vintage long pile.  The pattern for her special little knitted dress is from www.littlecottonrabbits.typepad.co.uk.  My earlier creation using this pattern had a pretty lace edge but was just too small for my bear.  After a lot of caculations and extra stitches it has been successfully enlarged for a 4" bear.  Just have to do a little more work on the cap sleeves which I would like to be a little longer.

This is my Snowflake pincushion.  Remember the strange biscornu pincushion I shared in one of my previous blogs,  this is the result with bear,  braid trim and pins.


Although I had great plans to create five bears I only managed three.  This is Nicholas, a little bright red bear sitting on a decorative box.


Some four years ago I bought a tiny maidenhair fern which I had on the landing window sill in our previous house.  In this house the most suitable place was the conservatory and has grown somewhat considerably.  Feeling sorry for it early last year I re-potted it into a nice large pot and it is now rather taking over. Definitely will have to remain in the existing pot.   The spores from its leaves have also very kindly seeded themselves into several of my orchid plants over the years and I now have three baby ferns on the kitchen windowsill. There are some new babies again this year,  anyone want a fern?


Finally a new picture of my special little granddaughters.  Alexandra is starting to take an interest in the world and her head is now glued on properly!   Makes her a lot easier to hold.


Have a wonderful weekend.

A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do. ~Lois Wyse

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails