Thursday, June 20, 2013

The story of a special cat .........

I think this world is made up of people who love cats and those who dislike them intensely.   I fall into the first category.  Growing up we always had dogs in our home but no cats.  It was not until I married and had a family of my own that we acquired our first cat,  rescued from a pet shop window and becoming an important part of our family.  Many years later we still have a selection of precious cats in our home.

Some ten years ago a tiny six week old kitten arrived at our Cape Town studio.   We were in the middle of a teddy bear making workshop and he attracted lots of attention from the many ladies present.   Our little London waiter cat grew into a beautiful adult,  travelling the world with us.   He spent seven blissful months in France (where he acquired French citizenship) and finally settled into our new home here in Cambridgeshire.   Today we had to say goodbye to this brave little boy as his health problems have worsened over the past few days.  RIP in my little Merlin, we will miss you very much.



I believe cats to be spirits come to earth.  A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.  ~Jules Verne

2 comments:

Kays Kids said...

I feel for you loosing your beautiful Merlin. I am in the category of loving cats very much.
Hugs Kay

Jane H said...

This is such sad news. I feel for you all. I dread the day my Lucy is gone.

Take care and hugs,
Jane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails