Sunday, June 23, 2013

The beginning of a new week ....

Firstly, a big thank you to all the special people who left comments after our recent loss of our kitty Merlin.  From our family of four felines we now only have two left,  Leila and Mischka.    Leila is feeling the loss of her big brother very deeply as they were always so close and slept curled up together.   Unfortunately until we have a home of our own,  a new kitten is out of the question.

With the on line show scheduled for next weekend I have been trying hard to be a lot more disciplined the past few weeks.   Little time spent on Pinterest and no catching up on blogs.

I did manage an outfit for one of my prototype pattern bears.   One of my handful of bears,  she is dressed in pretty rose print fabric with a knitted cardi trimmed with small crochet flowers,  called Amanda and now listed on e-bay.




All the bears and other creatures are almost ready for the show,   now to edit pictures, write descriptions and add Paypal buttons. 

I have been tidying up my work space and found a few 'work in progress' bears.   Some are half stitched and several are just pieces to be made up.   Feel a little guilty when this happens so I am planning on making them up over the next few weeks although one did get consigned to the bin.


The garden is thriving and the vegetables are flourishing.   Today I scared the life out of a young blackbird who was minding his own business investigating the flower garden.  Unfortunately he flew into the open greenhouse breaking the tops off some of my thriving tomatoes.   This year I have planted fewer tomato plants so this is a bit of a nuisance but at least the silly bird was not hurt.

Yesterday I was thrilled to spend the day with my son and his family.   Victoria is growing up so quickly,  hard to believe that she is now almost two and a half.   It was good to get out and away from constant stitching, the loss of my special kitty,  my concern for the health of my increasingly frail older sister who lives on the other side of the world and on a perhaps slightly lighter note,  a washing machine that is on its way to the scrap heap and a dishwasher with a drinking problem  (but that is another story).   I will share some pictures of the show bears next weekend.

Wishing you all a good week wherever you are on this beautiful planet.   Not holding out much hope of seeing the 'super moon' tonight as there is a lot of cloud and rain around.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails