Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Changes ..............

The days are flying by and I am still trying to limit my computer time so not much to report. The days are getting shorter, the Indian summer has come to an end and I actually put the heating on for a very short while last night, just to take the chill out of the house.
I have found time to 'refresh' my blog with a new background and header.  My experiments with Photoshop do take up time but I can do a lot in my 'tea' breaks with cup in hand!  Would like some comments please, is it a bit too much or does it look good.  Tried to use some of my bear pics and items of jewellery I have made.
I am a collector of things, from that beautiful pebble on the beach to old lace at the market, they will all find a place in my home!  I am passionate about books, if only I could stitch with one hand and read at the same time!  My love of the written word means I have somewhat of a fetish for collecting quotes.  I have a file on my pc specifically for all the random quotes that catch my attention, it is a dreadful jumble and at the moment does not warrant precious time spent categorising words of inspiration.   In the meantime something special I spotted on Facebook recently ..................


Years of stitching tiny bears is catching up. I have been visiting the physiotherapist for several months as my neck, shoulders and arms have been so painful.  Being sent home with a series of exercises has not been much help as I am always so busy working and lacking in discipline that fitting these into my schedule on a regular basis doesn't happen.  I have now received traction which has helped considerably, hopefully will show some long term results.
Life is hectic at the moment, cannot seem to catch up with orders.  I have planned a  visit to Cambridge tomorrow with my two special daughters, much needed time out and a break from the relentless stitching of the past few weeks.   Hopefully the weather will still be fine and I can share lots of pictures of beautiful things.
Enjoy the rest of your week and hopefully more news next time...


Most collectors collect tangibles. As a quotation collector, I collect wisdom, life, invisible beauty, souls alive in ink. ~Terri Guillemets

1 comment:

Southern Bears said...

Hi Wendy
Your new look is great and I adore the pics of your little children - the little girls are so pretty and dainty. I hope that you are feeling much better and do take care of yourself. I'm sending you a little bit of our warmth.

Pat xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails