Friday, August 5, 2011

Pretty things ..............

Friday and the end of a somewhat unsettled week.   My scheduled temp assignment for this week was cancelled at the last minute late last Friday and I was therefore surprised to receive a frantic call to please come in on Wed/Thurs.  Arrive on Wednesday morning to be told that once again a change of plans and I was not needed this week!  Annoying and a waste of time but I have managed to get some creative work completed so pictures to share.

Pretty pincushions made with boot market finds, fabric, ribbons and tiny roses as well as a selection of pins from Megan's collection.

 
 I found these exquisite filigree pieces in our local charity shop.  With the addition of some fresh water pearls they are now very pretty earrings.  At last some new items for our Grace & Whimsy Etsy store ....
Lots of work in progress on bears.  Trying to think of something new for Hugglets has been difficult but some ideas have started to appear in my muddled brain.  Bears are cut out and ready to sew, lots of stitching ahead of me in the coming weeks.  Outstanding orders almost complete and up to date and a new order received yesterday.
Last year I purchased two large strawberry plants in pots which I placed in our small vegetable garden.  They flourished and produced a multitude of shoots which I planted out this summer ending up with over twenty plants not counting the several I planted in two strawberry pots and hanging baskets.  The hot weather and lack of rain does not appear to have had a detrimental affect on them.  Lovely red strawberries, sweet and juicy and home grown including one little raspberry......
The very pretty pansy flower has a tale to tell.  I bought a tray of some 250 pansy seedlings on line.  They duly arrived, tiny little plants shipped all the way from the Channel Islands for the princely sum of £10.  When ordering, the logistics of finding space for some 250 plants did not enter my mind and I spent several days planting out tiny pansy seedlings which are now in full flower in a variety of pots around the garden. Small, frilly flowers with a faint fragrance.  My other good find was at the local market, the nurseryman was selling trays of 20 good size seedlings for £1 each, the end of the season and what he did not sell he would be putting in the dump!  I now have pots of lovely colourful geraniums and the front of the house is bright and cheerful with golden marigolds.  Not my most favourite flower they don't smell too good but with the harsh summer we have had they are hardy and do not need a lot of water.
Back to work, pictures of my travels next time....


A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. ~Franklin P. Jones

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails