Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A picture to share and news ....................

Have been so busy stitching for the last few weeks that blogging has rather been neglected other than a quick read each morning of other bloggings whilst I have my morning cup of tea. 
Bears for the on line show are somewhat slow in the making as I keep changing my mind as to what I want to make (nothing unusual for me). As our Christmas bears also have to be completed within the next few weeks, this is not too much of a problem, all the bears will be used. Will be taking some pictures during the next few days to share creations in progress.
Some great news is that our bears were included in the latest Teddy Bear & Friends winter 2010 issue article on miniature bears.
As most of you know my son is presently stationed in Afghanistan. We are a family of animal lovers finding and adopting unwanted kitties to add to our menagerie. Austin has posted the most wonderful picture on FB of a stray ginger cat which has taken up residence in their base, something I just had to share ...........
The winter weather has really arrived and has for the past few days, been cold and wet. Have discovered the pleasures of living in fenland, our garden never seems to dry out at this time of the year and the lawn is a slippery muddy mess! Am slowing cleaning out the remains of the vegetable garden, just a few tomatoes left not to happy with no sunshine! It looks empty and rather bare. 


There is something about the presence of a cat... that seems to take the bite out of being alone.  ~Louis J. Camuti

1 comment:

logcabincats said...

Hi Wendy, I love the picture of your son with the stray kitty -- what a blessing your son is to this sweet, homeless cat, and I hope the kitty brings comfort to your son as he serves so faraway from home. My brother just recently returned from a year's tour in Afghanistan. I pray for your son every day as I prayed for my brother. With blessings to you and your family, Log Cabin Ctas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails