Monday, November 15, 2010

The gift of kindness................

Yesterday we drove to London for the annual Remembrance Day Parade held in Barnett by my son's regiment. As he is presently serving in Afghanistan we were very aware of his absence as last year he was there with us and took part in the parade. Fortunately the weather held during the wreath laying ceremony but it started drizzling during the Church service. I was thrilled to see such a wonderful turnout for the parade, miserable weather did not keep them away.
We discovered a few local charity shops were open! Found some rather interesting items, will photograph them this week to share. 
We took my daughter-in-law home and stopped for a lovely lunch before hitting the motorway for our journey home. On the way through the roadworks and the Hatfield tunnel the front tyre developed a puncture. Three women and an elderly man does not make an efficient repair service and a lesson for me, learn how to change a tyre on a car! Whilst sitting waiting for help from roadside assistance a very special man stopped to help. He calmly and efficiently changed of our tyre in the damp, cold weather and got us back on the road and safely home. Bronwen so rightly called him an Earth Angel, his kindness has somewhat restored my faith in my fellow humans. I hope I am able to return his kind gesture some time soon.

You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you. ~John Wooden

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails