Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friends ................

This has not been an easy week for our family, Austin is now in Afghanistan and we face six anxious months as do many other mothers, wives and family who have sons and daughters serving in that part of the world.
I have used 'friends' as my blog title this week for a good reason. I have received so many wonderful messages of encouragement from friends for which I am so grateful.  One of these lovely friends who was thinking of me sent me a parcel, the contents of which I must share.
She found the most appropriate box at a bric a brac shop and filled it with all sorts of exciting items, vintage lace, beads, fabric and trims. Just the sort of thing to cheer me up, thank you Gilly.

The box with glass front and contents so appropriate for a crafty person. 



Ribbons, lace and things to get those creative ideas flowing. Will share some of my makings soon hopefully.
My last picture is one of the Colchester squirrels. We did not have any suitable squirrel food with us so Megan bought a flapjack and feed them small pieces. They seemed to enjoy this treat taking the pieces carefully from our hands (I know they have very sharp little teeth!!).
I am now on antibiotics as my bronchitis is just not clearing up. Hopefully these will do the trick as I am tired of feeling below par and have lots of work to complete. My second order for Teddy Bears of Witney is slowing coming together and I have a few other orders waiting! Then of course there is the on line show in November. Fingers will be busy.
Wishing you all a great weekend................

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children.  One is roots.  The other is wings.  ~Hodding Carter, Jr.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails