Saturday, June 13, 2009

Home at last ...................................

I arrived home late on Tues evening with the dreaded 'flu. It was a journey that I will not repeat in a hurry, leaving Megan's flat at 6.30 in the morning and arriving finally back in Pontivy at 7.30 in the evening. A long tiring journey and with the current neurosis about swine 'flu trying to keep my sniffles to myself made it seem even longer! Once again French rail efficiency meant a long delay sitting in a train for almost 1 hour outside some obscure town in the middle of nowhere.
The Stratford show now over I have added a few remaining bears to the website. The table display at the show looked so good that I have to share it. The organiser has small tables for mini bears which works out so well as it is hard to fill a 6 foot table with tiny bears.
Whilst in London I took some time to visit the war memorial for animals which I have so often spotted travelling on various buses. It is quite wonderful with the bronze sculptures, good to know that the animals have not been forgotten for their contribution in war.

Bronwen and Megan have not really been doing the tourist thing in London so we also found time to visit the British Museum. The London museums are wonderful places to visit and free (with the exception of special exhibitions). There is so much to see and we only managed a small section of the museum before reaching overload, have to make many visits to see all the exhibits.
The dreaded lurgies are now fading 'tho I do curse whoever passed on their 'flu germs. I am still coughing a lot which is usual with my asthma but not too bad and my ginger and apple cure-all is working well.
I have completed some more tiny crochet flowers which I plan to put on Etsy, just need trimming and they will be complete. The wonderful cotton yarn I am using for the flowers is apparently no longer available and some of the skeins I have are definitely vintage. Will have to start haunting e-bay to find some more as the faded colours are so suitable for the sort of flowers I wish to make.
Wish there were more hours in the day .................................


There is one kind of robber whom the law does not strike at, and who steals what is most precious to men: time. ~Napoleon I, Maxims, 1815

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails