Monday, June 15, 2009

France from a different perspective...........

Having had enough of endless weekend markets, yesterday we did the tourist thing. Auray is a port town with wonderful old buildings and cobbled streets. The carved wooden carved statue is St. Goustin, the patron saint of sailors and fisherman. Like so many of the buildings the statue is needing some tender care and restoration.
This statue had the most fascinating face and I found him so intriguing. Hidden away on the side of a building down a narrow alley, almost forgotten. Once again I photographed everything that caught my eye, just love digital cameras. I will have to spend a day putting together another album as I seem to be acquiring lots of pics which I don't have room for on my blog!
I have completed some more crochet flowers, here is a pic of the forget-me-nots
all ready to be put on our etsy shop site. I also have made some violas.
Finally there is a new little girl bear for e-bay. Brianna is a small 3.25" and is wearing a floral dress and has a tiny polymer clay bear to hold.
As I was feeling extremely bored with my fabrics I managed to buy some new pieces at the Stratford show, some colour for a change! Watch this space, lots of work to be done.............

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails