Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I forgot to mention .....................

Something I forgot to mention yesterday. The Pontivy Monday morning market is held in the town parking area. Parked amongst the cars was a Romany caravan complete with three ponies and a dog. It was a really old wooden structure with a rounded top, lace curtains and carvings, the stuff of story books. A trailer was attached to the back with all the makings for woven baskets. It was fascinating, the owner seemed to be selling herbs I am not too sure. Having been accosted on several occasions by annoying Romany woman with their heather tokens in London, to actually find a genuine caravan was a pleasant change. I have always been fascinated with the fact that someone can live and travel in such a small vehicle. Perhaps there is a lesson that we do have to much 'stuff' in our lives.
Unfortunately as I find carrying my camera around all the time is just not possible, I had left it at home so I was not able to take any pics. Whether the owner would have approved is of course another story. I stopped to talk to his ponies and rub their noses and he was watching me very warily! Maybe I should have bought them a bunch of carrots?
Enjoy your week.

Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe. ~Anatole France

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails