Thursday, March 26, 2009

Creepy crawlies....................

As my family well know, the only creepies that have me literally running for the door are spiders. I have over the years rescued rats, mice, lizards and the odd praying mantis from my cats without a problem. Sad to say that spiders are extremely prolific in this part of France! I have had some fairly close encounters over the last few days and whilst I had become brave enough to use a cup and piece of paper to rid my house of jumping spiders in Cape Town, these guys are a lot bigger and the first thing I grab is a shoe. My apologies to all those of you who view spiders as a necessary part of ecology, I do not intend to share my house with them.
After days of warm sunny days the weather seems to have reverted to winter and the last few days have been cloudy and cold. So heaters on again. My few flowers are looking amazing, will take some pics when the weather brightens, pansies and bright primulas. The lawn has now all been mowed, feeling it in my arms and neck but it looks good so I can get back to work on bears.
I have a row of bears sitting waiting to be completed which I am hoping to get working on today. I have started knitting a few cardis getting quite creative. Have also started sorting through my beads as I must complete the dragonfly and have plans for some other things but bears first unfortunately.
I bought some beads on e-bay this week and was interested to see that most of the suppliers will not post to Italy! Do they have a disastrous postal service?
The kitties are really settling in and spend time in the garden chasing each other around. It is wonderful to see as they are city cats and have never had a big garden to play in. However, Mischka is becoming a nag as he would like to spend all his time outside. As this is a rural area and there are most probably foxes and other nocturnal beasties around at night, I have to keep the cats inside. As a matter of interest we have a few intermittent street lights in Kerfourn which are switched off each night at 11pm. It is then dark and interesting, quite different to South Africa where the crime rate made it necessary to have lights all around the house together with high walls and fences.
Well back to work again, pics of bears soon...........

Two-legged creatures we are supposed to love as we love ourselves. The four-legged, also, can come to seem pretty important. But six legs are too many from the human standpoint. ~Joseph W. Krutch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails