Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Dragon Mountain...................

The past two evenings I have had the pleasure of a long walk along the beach. Last night storm clouds were brewing on the horizon and the picture of the sky is quite amazing. Just a little further along the coast there was apparently extremely heavy rain causing flooding at Struis Bay and Cape Aghullus, the southernmost tip of Africa.

As I mentioned previously I do have a vivid imagination and perhaps as an artist see things around me that most other people don't notice. So here is my famous Dragon mountain, as I see it anyway..............


Amazing the things we take for granted. My printer is packed away in storage so I had to resort to taking a flash drive to our local copy shop to print out documents. All well and good so I thought, put the flash drive into my PC a day or so later to discover that it had acquired a virus. Fortunately my PC is well protected but goodbye one flash drive!
Today had some more printing so had to resort to using a CD to copy documents. Took it to the nearest copy shop in Kleinmond to be printed and was told there was nothing on the disc!! Had some 'young' man earnestly asking me how I had saved the data as if well this old lady does not know what she is doing. When I asked him to try again sure enough it was there!
I have finally sat down and been productive, 'tho this lifestyle does not encourage work and I have spent a lot of time just reading. I beaded a bracelet from a kit and now feel the creative urge again. Must cut out bears as Hugglets is just around the corner and I need to start working so there may be less of the ramblings of a crazed teddy bear artist. Just need some inspiration...........................

The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself. ~Henry Miller~



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails