Sunday, January 11, 2009

A cat makes a home...............

Well if this GPRS internet connection is the same as the one used by motorists to find their way around I am beginning to understand why they get lost, it is soooooooooooooooo slow!!! Really miss my ADSL line, took over 30 minutes to list a bear on e-bay today.
This is really is paradise, beautiful surroundings of mountains and sea and snow white beaches. Took the opportunity to visit the small shopping area today. Discovered some really up market type shops, this place has been found and really grown. With house prices starting at R1m for a tiny cottage to well over R10m for the mansion type I would never be able to afford to buy here. Land prices have risen considerably so tempted as I would be
to have a patch of paradise financially it is not for me I'm afraid. Will post some pics over the next few weeks but to start this is the sunset on our first night here, quite beautiful as it had rained and there were masses of white clouds on the horizon just in front of the setting sun. This tiny pic really does not do justice to the beauty of the sky.
Walked along the beach this evening, could get used to this way of life if I had the means!!!!
Wherever the Chamberlains make a home temporary or otherwise, we seem to acquire cats. Today we sat outside to read the Sunday papers and were joined by a friendly Siamese kitty who spent most of the day with us even
sleeping on the couch and following me to the bedroom to join me on the bed for a nap, don't know where her home is but she eventually trotted off this evening will see if she joins us again tomorrow! Feel quite sad as my kitties would be so angry if they knew that I have another cat in the house and I do miss them so very much. There seem to be a lot of cats around here so obviously they have learned to live with the baboons.

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats." - Colonial proverb




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails