Sunday, December 7, 2008

A bear (or two) is born....................


Well I have finally completed some bears, not decorated yet but getting there....................
Have to start feeling a little
more Christmas spirited 'tho. It has been an appallingly hot day with not a breath of air then the usual gale starts in the evening for which I should be grateful as it does cool things down a little at night.
I have spent the weekend in a haze of painkillers. Started off yesterday with a flourish, sat down on the floor to do one of my usual chores and must have twisted my spine to pinch the sciatic nerve. I have been in the most excruciating pain ever since. Managed to get to see my spine man who pushed my bones around and told me to go home and walk for 15 minutes. Well that is the slowest walk I have ever taken around the nearby school field, though I did manage to do three circuits. Still feeling very sore today and have resorted to anti-inflammatory medication which I really don't like using.
I have kept two pots of catnip in the front garden as my cats love to sit in the pot and most of the neighbourhood kitties visit to have a nibble! As the one plant is flowering I cut off a lot of branches and left them on the front path as I know that the cats will enjoy rolling around in t
he cuttings. Well Mischka decided 'mine' and promptly went to sleep on it, I just had to take a pic of the neighbour's ginger cat trying to share in the fun.. 'please can I have some too.......................'
Time seems to be passing very quickly and there is still so much to sort out, spent a short while today going through Christmas decorations. Some to keep and some to go so a little more progress made but now I have to start on the kitchen cupboards and boxes of teddy bear mugs that we have collected over many years and never use. Then there are my shoes to look through and this is from the shoe queen, should be interesting.....

~When I stand before the Creator at the end of my life I would hope that I have not a single bit of talent left and could say "I used everything You gave me". Erma Bombeck~

1 comment:

Jane H said...

Love the bears Wendy, can't wait to see the finished product!!

Jane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails