Sunday, May 5, 2013

A quick update ..........

It is some weeks since I actually updated my blog.   Time has flown by and I have had a lot of happenings to cope with.   I always seem to pick up some sort of virus at this time of the year and spent several days in bed (most unusual for me) feeling totally dreadful.   Being prescribed a course of antibiotics to clear bronchitis did help but I am still feeling a little out of sorts.   This has meant being very behind on my work and submissions for Teddy Bears of Witney.  The bears are all ready and waiting for their clothing and hopefully I will manage to complete everything in the next few days.

My little 'handful of bears' are proving popular and special commission Abigail will be on her way to Australia next week, another little similar girl still to be made.......


 I tea dyed some cotton lawn for her dress, raided my collection of vintage lace/tatting and embroidered roses on the bodice and skirt.   I am now trying to find a source of similar rayon fabric as I would like to expand this range of bears.   So far my basic research has proved relatively successful but I must admit to being totally shell shocked at the prices.   Most of the fabric in my stash was purchased so many years ago and replacing it will prove to be an expensive process.

On a sad note our little Merlin kitty has a growth at the back of his throat.  The vet has told us that it is situated in a spot which would prove very difficult for surgery.   At the moment he has a daily dose of pain killing medication,   is still eating very well and although very thin still seems to be enjoying life.   The lovely warm weather means that he stretches out in front of the window enjoying the sunshine.   Difficult decision to be made soon but for the moment he is coping.

I have managed some journeying in recent weeks so hope to have pictures to share next time.

Have a good weekend ........


5 comments:

Kays Kids said...

Wendy ytour little bear is a darling. You sound like me. You have some lovely things in your stash, then to relace it is another trial. I hope you find what you want and are soon feeling tops again.
Hugs

lesLily'Z de felie said...

A very sweet bear girl

Mäsywi-Bären said...

oh my gott, she is so sweet an lovely i like it. she is a wonderful lovely darling

hugs from sylvia

mcddiss said...

siento mucho que hayas estado enferma ,espero que te recuperes pronto del todo.
es lo que pasa cuando se acumulan materiales cuando hay que reponer despues de mucho tiempo los precios han cambiado mucho, espero que tengas exito en tu busqueda de nuevos materiales
siento lo de tu gato

besitos

Mari

Miss Val's Creations said...

Awww! She is such a sweet little bear! I bet her new owner will love her. It is so sad to read of your kitty. It is so difficult when pets are sick and decision need to be made. :( I came across your blog via Linked In. Your bears are the cutest!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails