Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happenings ..................

A very long overdue blog update.    The dratted 'flu bug has left me extremely tired and I have been busy trying to keep up with orders so bear making has definitely taken precedence over my blog!

I was thrilled to discover that I was the winner of a pattern for a sweet little 'Annie' bear from Singapore artist Wayne Lim.     I love his creations, they are colourful and very innovative.   The pattern is for a 5" bear but I will reduce it a little.   This is a fun project to be fitted in between my orders but hopefully I will have some pics to share soon.

I have just completed another little boy using my latest pattern and I have also designed some new knitting patterns.   I am not an expert knitter but have managed to make a new cardi as well as bib overalls.   I used my fabric pattern as a guide and with a little tweaking here and there managed to produce a workable pattern which most probably only I would ever understand!  Little Joshua  is now listed on e-bay.



We have had a lot of rain over the past week, apparently not sufficient to end the drought situation in England although some areas are flooded!    We bought a rain water butt which is attached to downpipe outside the conservatory, so I can at least save some of the water for my vegetable garden this summer.  

We seem to have residents in the one little bird house and the blackbirds already have two rather large babies.   Watching the male tugging long worms out of the ground to feed his children is quite interesting.  

Back to bear making, until next time .........

2 comments:

lesLily'Z de felie said...

I love this guy

susana said...

i love this new look and proportion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails