Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Chateau in Provence and other things ..................

If you are a regular followers of my blog you will know that I lived in Brittany for some seven months.  Perhaps we were fortunate to live in a tiny village but I fell in love with the countryside and the beautiful old buildings and churches.
Recently one of the blogs I follow had a link to a beautiful chateau in Provence which, if you have a love of beautiful old things, you might also like to visit.

We spent Saturday in London, visiting such stores as Harrods and Fortnum and Mason.  Definitely not my usual haunts.  London was as always totally crowded and somewhat exhausting.  I tried to take some photographs but it was not really possible with all the crowds.  For the beaders who read my blog, Harrods window theme was a 'Crystal Christmas'.  The item which really caught my attention was a dress costing £230,000 embellished with more than 150,000 Swarovski crystals entirely stitched by hand.
We did get to take in some of the Christmas lights in Oxford Street.
Don't know if it is the age thing but this city girl has become rather a country bumpkin and  I was rather glad to get home to our quiet little village.

After making the decision that I would cut back on time spent on the computer I perhaps foolishly have fallen into the 'pinterest' trap. So far I have managed to just add a few 'pins' but once I got looking at some of the wonderful pictures and ideas I spent far too much time visiting the site.

Back to bear related news, the Christmas Treasures on line show was a great success and all our bears have found new homes. Now back to  completing several orders which my wonderful patient collectors are still waiting for!

Have a good week ......


In the country the darkness of night is friendly and familiar, but in a city, with its blaze of lights, it is unnatural, hostile and menacing. It is like a monstrous vulture that hovers, biding its time. ~Somerset Maughan

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails