Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Life as it happens ......................

Perhaps there is some merit in carrying a camera around all the time. I am so aware of the little happenings in daily life, perhaps a pretty flower or some scenic spot or just something to bring a moment of joy and laughter in my hectic schedule. As I have not been too creative these past few weeks I am sharing some of my recent pictures........
 an idyllic scene, footbridge over a river in Stafford
 a beautiful flowering shrub by the side of the path
Victoria my very precious little granddaughter
a pretty early morning sky, clouds with a silver lining perhaps
 one of the very lovely tulips in my garden
a sure sign that spring has arrived, bluebells in full flower just over my garden wall
and finally, something different in the hedgerow on a Sunday morning!
Bronwen celebrated her birthday on Monday and we went to London for the day. Some shopping and a little sightseeing. It is holiday season and unpleasantly busy, think I have become a country soul. We had a good day with a picnic lunch in the park. I was totally exhausted by the time I got home and although I took some knitting to do on the train actually spent the time reading a newspaper!
Hopefully things will settle down again and I can actually achieve some results, my bears are my main source of income and taking a long break is not good for the bank balance.
The weather here has been amazing with fine warm sunny days but the downside is that we desperately need rain! Apparently it has been the driest April in Cambridgeshire since 1920, not good for the farmers and gardeners.
Wishing all of you a very special Easter holiday.

In the hopes of reaching the moon men fail to see the flowers that blossom at their feet. ~Albert Schweitzer

2 comments:

Southern Bears said...

Victoria is a dolly! And a very blessed Easter to you and your family Wendy.

Pat xx

Iris said...

Beautiful photos!
Victoria is wonderful!
Hugs
Irina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails