Sunday, March 27, 2011

Firstly a big thank you for the special comments after my last post.
It is quite a long time since we have had a baby in the family and little Victoria has already brought much joy into our lives.  She unfortunately had to return to hospital for a couple of days as she was jaundiced and had lost weight.  Now home, she is feeding and sleeping well and this past week had her first outing in the park wearing a bright red 'little ladybug' hat.
Spring is so evident in all the beauty of nature but it is still a little cold 'tho we did have one nice warm day with lots of sunshine! The trees and flowers in the park are all so beautiful......
a host of golden daffodils
the awesome blossom on a cherry tree
camellia flowers in a pool of water. Amazingly each individual flower is lying face up, the tree is on a slight bank and nature has artfully arranged the fallen flowers.
A week of mixed blessings, my car needed routine maintenance which unfortunately cost considerably more than estimated as further work was needed. 
After collecting my car from the garage, I took the opportunity to visit some of the charity shops in Ramsey and found a vintage darning mushroom and some very pretty buttons. Somewhere still packed away we have a collection of vintage sewing items!  We need one of those tables with the glass top to display our entire collection.
Now that the weather is improving the weekend boot markets have started again and we can start looking for interesting 'stuff'.  Before leaving South Africa I attended a needle lace workshop, something I have always wanted to learn.  Though I did complete my course work,  I have not had time to make anything further as this is labour intensive work requiring more spare time than I have unfortunately.  Glancing through a pile of books at a boot market last year Megan spotted a booked called 'Needlelace designs and techniques'. In pristine condition and costing only £1, it definitely had to come home with us.  Presumably the book is now out of print, as on one of my old Amazon wish lists it costs $195!
I have managed to finally complete one little bear and a kitten. This little girl is made from a pattern which I have not used for some time using a sparse long pile fabric. She is now waiting patiently for the cardi I am busy knitting for her, don't make many 'naked' bears any more. The little kitten is an order, finally complete.
Several orders still to work on so another busy week ahead.............


I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.  ~William Wordsworth~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails