Thursday, August 19, 2010

A weekend outing and flowers from my garden.................

We made an early start on Sunday to attend a scrapbooking show in Stevenage, Bronwen having won two entry tickets in a competition. 
A nice quiet drive early in the morning with little traffic, our route taking us through sleepy little villages including Wimpole. We passed the most magnificent gates which we just had to stop and photograph. This rather neglected side entrance is to Wimpole Hall a magnificent National Trust property which is apparently the biggest stately home in Cambridgeshire and was bequeathed to the Trust by its last owner, none other than Rudyard Kipling's daughter. Might be worth a visit some time in the future






 A small show with lots of great stuff but very crowded. We had a short list of items we needed for the bears but Bronwen who is a scrapbooking fanatic had a most successful day. My most exciting purchase was contained in a bag of vintage paper ephermera. This exquisite hand painted card with old silk ribbon trim was the only thing of any value and a very lucky find. Wish I knew who had taken the time to paint the beautiful pansies.


 
 We have had several heavy storms with much needed rain. I am enjoying my garden, with some flowers to pick for the house. Fragrant sweet peas and pretty pansies.......


My temporary assignment is almost at an end, just two days to work after the Bank holiday weekend so more time to spend on bears. I have now several naked bears sitting waiting on my table for clothing and hopefully I will have pictures available soon. 
Finally I have collected quotations or aphorisms for years, most probably because I love words. Considered trite and boring by some, they make me smile and take my mind off the ordinary mundane things in life. This one puts things in perspective and I can now consider myself a quotation collector!

Most collectors collect tangibles. As a quotation collector, I collect wisdom, life, invisible beauty, souls alive in ink. ~Terri Guillemets

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails