Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weekend at last...................

The weekend has arrived and yesterday we took the morning off to visit the new Hobbycraft store in Peterborough. Using the not so trusty satnav we discovered that the new Garden Park centre was not so easy to access and after getting on to the highway several times which meant finding the next exit, meandering around yet another roundabout and also getting screamed at (literally) by some rude driver because I was not travelling fast enough for his liking, we eventually arrived. This Hobbycraft is not quite a big as some of the other stores but we still spent several hours wandering around looking at all the stuff. Was very controlled and only bought threads, some flowers for bears and a few other items. I kept away from the beads, just gave them a quick look through as I have decided that I am not allowed to purchase another bead until I have used up at least half of my stash (sound familiar!). We then took the opportunity to explore the other new stores in the centre and found a rather upmarket garden and gift store called Van Hage. Beautiful stuff at a price but good to look out. Found the most amazing bronze sculpture for the garden, two little wicked elves playing leapfrog over a toadstool, quite wonderful but at some £800 rather beyond my means until I win the lottery! We treated ourselves to tea and cake before heading off to the more mundane grocery shopping at Lidl. I discovered this German store whilst living in Brittany and now and again take a drive to the Peterborough store. 

This morning awoke to discover it was snowing quite heavily. I took some pictures from the window, a snow covered tree and a perfect 'M' made by Bronwen when moving her car.
Our house is in a state of turmoil, the rush to complete work for Hugglets is now chronic with both Megan and I working until the wee hours trying to finish our bears. I have taken the week off work to complete the 'bears in waiting'. Here are some pictures of my latest creations, lots of work to do but coming along slowly but surely.

 
 To end on a positive note.....

I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love and abundance.  Then, whenever doubt, anxiety or fear try to call me, they keep getting a busy signal - and soon they'll forget my number.  ~Edith Armstrong

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails