Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I am still in the land of the living............

Firstly a big thank you to all those wonderful people who took the time to visit my blog and leave such amazing comments for the 'where bloggers create party'. I am still wending my way through all the entrant's blogs. Thank you all for sharing the special places in which you create.
I have been away from home for some days and returned home rather exhausted with lots of catching up to do. Last Sunday I had to drive to Dinard to collect Megan from the airport and decided to visit the nearby town of Dinan which is quite a distance from our temporary home but a very beautiful old city. Walked poor Mervyn to a standstill looking at beautiful buildings, flowers and medieval walls. On our way back to the car stopped at the tourist info office to see what we had missed. They had a display from a shop selling vintage ribbons and stuff. Of course I just had to pay a visit there before leaving the town. As Mervyn was by this time complaining bitterly about walking any further decided to drive there. Put the address into the satnav and followed the directions. Well I ended up in a narrow cobbled street which was almost perpendicular and full of pedestrians. Totally stressed trying to drive down this road I paid a flying visit to the shop. It sells the most amazing stuff, French vintage velvet flowers, old lace and ribbons, buttons etc. Did not buy anything as I was just too overwhelmed with what they had to offer and of course was worried sick about how I was going to get out of the place. Well.......... herein lies a tale, the road is obviously used by cars but only by the shop owners and a few residents after business hours. I proceeded down the narrow road, trying to avoid pedestrians and feeling totally sick. Arrived near the end to discover a pavement cafe with just enough space to squeeze through and out onto the road. Was I glad that was over, if I do manage to get there again I will park and walk, tired feet or not!! Found this picture of the narrow cobbled street with old buildings on each side, just to give you an idea of what it was like....
More pics of my journeying later.

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly. ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Southern Bears said...

Hi Wendy, it's been a while but thank you for showing where those precious bears are created. It looks like a little piece of heaven to me.

Lots of love
Pat xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails