Thursday, July 23, 2009

A short blog.................

I have been very remiss in keeping up to date with my blog, perhaps my farm town on facebook is to blame. Having always told my children that I had no time for computer games I have become addicted to my on line farm, helps to keep me sane sometimes I suppose.
Tomorrow I will be uploading pics of my workspace for the 'where bloggers create party'. So I had better get working on making it look a little more organised.
Still busy accessorizing my bears for the Hugglets show in early September and I have actually been quite busy working the last few weeks, another reason not to blog regularly.
Megan is flying here on Sunday afternoon. I have to drive to the UK next week to renew the car licence on my car. As my car does not fall within the three year period this means a MOT so I will have to get that done and also spend some time looking at houses to rent. It is a long some six hour drive from Kerfourn to Calais and not something I like doing on my own so Megan will be driving back with me, not to help with the driving just as company. I might have to return on my own but think I can cope with that.
Living in Europe has been a learning curve in a lot of ways, simple little things like not having an attendant at the service station. Being an absent minded soul at the best of times I pulled into a service station some weeks ago, took the petrol cap off and put it on the roof of the car as usual. Well this being France and the fact that they close for some 2 hours at lunch time, I realised that I would not be able to pay cash for my fuel and guess what I drove off without replacing the cap. Only realised when I arrived at the supermarket and 'tho I retraced my steps I could not find it, most probably was a waste of time trying anyway. Well this meant waiting until lunch time was over, finding an Opel agent and spending 13 Euro on a new petrol cap, an expensive lesson.
Our sojourn in France is almost over and I am looking forward to having a more settled life again. I have come to love this part of the world 'tho and who knows if I ever have sufficient funds to eventually retire, I might just return here one day, hopefully a little more fluent in French. So that is one of my next projects in my life journey, to learn to speak French!
Almost forgot to add the pics to this blog. This is a dolmen which we discovered right at the side of an obscure little farm road in the middle of nowhere. I had to pull off the road into a farm track to take the picture as there was just nowhere else to stop.
My second picture is taken early in the morning. Our garden is full of big old trees but right at the end is open field and the sun rises on that side of the property. I could not resist taking a picture of this 'heavenly' view of the early morning sunshine.

Well back to work and more tomorrow.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best," and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. ~A.A. Milne

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails