Monday, March 2, 2009

A new week begins in sunny Brittany..............

It's really the cat's house - we just pay the mortgage. ~Author Unknown

I must start this blog with a word of thanks to all those special people including my two very wonderful daughters for their love, messages of support and encouragement. The past few months have been stressful, exhausting, exciting with moments to treasure, new discoveries and some tears at times.
Today was a wonderful sunny day in Brittany with the most beautiful sky. We are in a small village with lots of old stone cottages, the inevitable church and quite a few 'new' builds. We are surrounded by open fields with the most amazing views and well laid out farms. As it is now spring the fields are being ploughed ready for planting and the smell of manure is sometimes a little overpowering!
This is a country of such contrast and we are amused to see just how immaculate some of the homes and gardens are and then just next door is a house with an old stove and junk stored in the back garden.
The owners of the house left me with a tray of primulas in an exquisite range of colours and I have planted them in the various empty pots at the front of the house. Went today and bought some of my favourite plants, pansies in bright beautiful colours. Came home and realised that I had forgotten the potting soil, well it is just down the road so I will get some tomorrow.
Now that we are finally settling down, we are hoping to let the kitties out of the house into the garden so this will be another chapter in our new lives.
I have still not found the missing usb cable for my camera think it must have been put into one of the boxes in storage so have ordered another one which should arrive some time this week and I promise that I will add some pics of our new garden, surroundings and also the bears at the Hugglets show just as soon as it is available.
Have managed so far with the language problem but today had to ask the price of an item at the garden centre which I managed quite well but of course the reply took a few minutes to get into my brain. Good learning curve 'tho.
We are still amazed that we have no burglar guards or security gates to bother with. It is so quiet and safe here, we can walk where we want without being bothered.
Hope to have pics up soon.

Don’t waste a minute not being happy. If one window closes, run to the next window — or break down a door.

1 comment:

Southern Bears said...

Hi Wendy, good for you that you are enjoying your adventure. Have you tried to insert the camera's memory card into your computer? Just a suggestion, perhaps you have already done this and it did not work! I am so anxious to see the pics of your bears.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails